Upon gaining a level, Templars acquire the following:
- 1 additional point of HP
- 1 point to apply to any Attribute not already at 16.
- 1 point to apply to any Skill not already at 16.
- 1 Gear Point allowing the use of better (or more) Equipment (unlocked via the Requisition tree).
- 1 point is given to spend on a talent on some levels specific to each Templar's class that have been unlocked (via the Requisition tree.)
- Between levels 2-10, the SP cost to deploy the Templar increases by 5 SP per level.
The following is a table for level, XP, and Talent points. Note that the "Total talent points" below include talents that are initially given. For example, the Captain has 4 talent points total at level 1 but all of them are locked. Hydra and Neptunes only have 3 points locked, while Berserkers and Paladins only have 2 locked, allowing more customization.
|Total talent points||4||5||5||6||7||8||9||9||10||10||11||12||12||13||14||14||15||16||16||17||18|
|XP needed for next level||10||60||120||200||200||200||250||250||250||250||250||250||250||250||300||300||300||300||~1100||~1150||~1200|
XP needed for next level greatly increases at lvl 19, and becomes class dependent.
Maximum possible Templar level is 32. At reaching this point the experience meter will be completely full and show current XP / -25,900 XP with zero percent required for the next level. The minimum party member experience level will be set at level 24. This could be considered an optional endgame objective.