All Templars have 6 attributes that, combined with their skills, dictate their base statistics. Each attribute starts at a minimum level for each level 1 templar of a given class. Upon gaining a level, a single point may be applied to one of the six attributes up to the maximum possible value of 16.
The attribute dictating physical resilience and survival.
- Increases HP (Hit Points) by between 4 and 7 points, dependent on the templar's class.
- Increases the secondary statistic Toughness by a variable amount based upon the templar's class. Toughness improves the templar's ability to shrug off a few points of damage, much like armor, but cannot be bypassed by penetrating attacks.
The attribute dictating perseverance in the face of fatigue and unconventional attacks.
- Decreases the amount of damage taken from overheating. The damage received from overheating in a given turn is reduced by a random number between 1 and the amount of Willpower a Templar has.
- Increases the secondary statistic Resistance by a variable amount based upon the templar's class. Resistance improves the templar's ability to shrug off a few points of damage from special damage types.
- Increases the critical hit multiplier of grenade attacks by 6% per point.
The attribute dictating a templar's inherent ability to block attacks (with or without a shield) as well as capitalize on critical hits performed.
- Increases the percent chance to auto-block an attack by 1% per point. This bonus may cause the total auto-block chance to exceed the soft cap of 59% (up to 75% at 16 points of focus.)
- Increases the critical hit multiplier of all attacks by 6% per point.
The attribute dictating the physical might of a templar.
- Increases the accuracy of melee attacks by 1 standard die per point.
- Increases the accuracy of ranged attacks with heavy weapons by 1 standard die per point.
- Increases the critical multiplier of melee attacks by 6% per point.
The attribute dictating the speed and precision with which a templar acts.
- Increases the accuracy of ranged attacks with light weapons by 1 standard die per point.
- Increases defense against ranged attacks by 1 standard die per point.
- Increases the critical damage multiplier of heavy ranged weapons other than sniper rifles by 6% per point.
- Increases the chance to counter-attack successful melee attacks by 1% per point (Captain, Berserker, Paladin only.)
Secondary Statistics include: